Sunday, January 28, 2024 in Gulf Shores, AL • Course Map
White sand beaches and the clear Gulf of Mexico greet runners at Gulf Shores’ annual Big Beach Marathon & Half Marathon, where runners and walkers will race through Gulf Shores and Gulf State Park.
Both races start and finish at The Hangout, a popular dining and entertainment establishment in Gulf Shores that also hosts packet pickup and the pasta buffet available for purchase the night before the race. All runners receive a finisher medal, timed results, aid stations with water and sports drinks approximately every two miles, race photos, and a post-race party at The Hangout. Walkers are welcome as long as they can maintain a 16-minute mile throughout the race, as the half marathon course closes in 3.5 hours.
While the marathon course is a Boston qualifier, both the marathon and the half marathon courses feature a flat out-and-back course that takes runners through Gulf State Park twice — on the way out and on the way back, through different routes.
Race Weather & Climate
Located on the coast of Alabama near the Gulf of Mexico, Gulf Shores usually sees winters with cool but not overly cold weather, averaging just over 6 inches of precipitation for the month of January.
On race day (Jan. 28), the average low is 39ºF and the average high is 62ºF.
- 2023 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
- 2022 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
- 2021 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
- 2020 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Big Beach Half Marathon Results
Course Time Limit
3.5 hours for the half marathon — you’ll need to maintain a pace of 16 minutes per mile or faster
- $50 – $90 for the half marathon
- $65 – $120 for the full marathon
- $50 for the virtual half marathon
- $65 for the virtual full marathon
To reserve your spot in the 2024 running of Gulf Shores’ Big Beach Marathon & Half Marathon, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Big Beach Marathon & Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.