Saturday, January 27, 2024 • Oracle, AZ
Brought to you by the Arizona Trail Association (ATA), the AZT Oracle Rumble 50 mile, 50k, half marathon, and 10k is an incredible event to be a part of if you love the outdoors and half a passion for Arizona’s wild landscapes and emphatic trails.
Peaked away in the foothills of the Santa Catalina mountains within the historic town of Oracle, Arizona, the destination of this epic event offers participants a tranquil reprieve from the desert, with urban amenities nearby and cool mountainous landscapes throughout.
The views throughout this course are breathtaking, to say the least, and the sites in and around the area are equally as exciting, providing participants with endless extra-curricular activities to partake in pre and post-race; from Catalina State Park to the Tuscon National Park less than an hour away.
Largely a single-track course through Oracle State Park, this race takes runners through remote sections of the Arizona Trail in a rolling, counterclockwise fashion, making for a challenging pursuit for any fitness level.
Beginning on Wildlife Drive, runners set off onto the Arizona Trail, along Windy Ridge and Granite Outlook. From there, runners proceed forth toward Manzanita before seamlessly entering back onto AZT.
It’s then a hard left onto Windmill Loop which turns runners around toward the direction of the finish line. After passing a couple of aid stations along the way, runners will then find themselves at the home stretch where they’ll run through Cherry Valley Wash and Mariposa before reaching Bellota and, ultimately, the finish line.
Like many trail races, this event is a “cupless” course, meaning that all participants are encouraged to come prepared with their own bottles or reusable cups. Notably, this event sells reusable and collapsable bottles on the day of the race.
Race Weather & Climate
Oracle, Arizona, is nestled in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains in the southeastern part of the state. The nearest major city is Tucson, approximately 40 miles to the south, offering a tranquil desert escape with access to urban amenities when needed.
In late January, Oracle experiences cool winter weather. Daytime temperatures average around 61°F (16°C), with nighttime lows of about 37°F (3°C). Precipitation remains relatively low.
On race day (January 27), the average low is 35ºF and the average high is 53ºF.
AZT Oracle Rumble Race Results
- 2023 AZT Oracle Rumble half marathon Race Results
- 2022 AZT Oracle Rumble half marathon Race Results
- 2020 AZT Oracle Rumble half marathon Race Results
- 2019 AZT Oracle Rumble half marathon Race Results
- 2018 AZT Oracle Rumble half marathon Race Results
- 2017 AZT Oracle Rumble half marathon Race Results
AZT Oracle Rumble Course Map
- See the race route map for the AZT Oracle Rumble half marathon course map here.
- See the race route map for the AZT Oracle Rumble 10K course map here.
- See the race route map for the AZT Oracle Rumble 50K course map here.
- The half marathon start time is 8:00 AM.
- The 50K start time is 7:30 AM.
- The 50 miler start time is 7:30 AM.
- The 12K start time is 8:30 AM.
To reserve your spot in the 2024 AZT Oracle Rumble, you can use the registration link here.
- There is a $90.00 fee for the half marathon.
- There is a $135.00 fee for the 50K.
- There is a $60.00 fee for the 12K.
- There is a $160.00 fee for the 50 miler.