Saturday, March 30, 2024 • Peoria, AZ
Continuing the Easter tradition for the 10th year, the Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k is a favourite amongst spring Arizonan runners alike. Untimed and designed for fun for the whole family, it’s a community event worth attending if you’re in the area.
All proceeds of this event are put towards PLAY Peoria, a community charity that seeks to improve community through various programs. What better way to support the very city you’re running in?!
With day time temperatures reaching spring-time averages of 26 degrees celsius at the end of March in Arizona, all participants can expect a great day to run! Rain or shine, however, this event will proceed.
Luckily, precipitation levels are quite low in March, so expect to enjoy beautiful Arizonan scenery of treelines, farout mountainous landscapes, and blue skies throughout!
Starting and ending at the Peoria Sports Plex, this course takes runners through dedicated paved running trails throughout the New River Trail system in an out-and-back fashion.
To begin, it’s out of the sports complex area and off of West Stadium Way, immediately hopping onto New River Shore for the first mile. It’s then a quick loop on Skunk Creek Trail before crossing the Agua Fria Freeway via Skunk Creek Trail and persisting until turning onto New River Trail.
Runners will conveniently return back to the Peoria Sports Plex via the New River Trail turnaround to cross the finish line, and celebrate with a post-race party.
With an event limit of 1400 participants, this is a party worth being a part of, to say the least! Though untimed regarding performance tracking, this race does have a 4.5 hour cut-off time for logistical reasons.
Finally, to be expected, all participants who’ve registered and crossed the finish line at this event will receive a custom event shirt and finisher’s medal.
Race Weather & Climate
Peoria, Arizona, rests in the northwestern region of the state, offering a suburban oasis within the Phoenix metropolitan area. The nearest major city, Phoenix, is a stone’s throw to the southeast, making Peoria an integral part of the Greater Phoenix community.
By late March, Peoria experiences springtime weather. Daytime temperatures average around 79°F (26°C), with nighttime lows of about 52°F (11°C). Precipitation levels remain minimal, allowing for outdoor activities.
On race day (March 30), the average low is 55ºF and the average high is 74ºF.
Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
- 2023 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
- 2022 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
- 2021 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
- 2019 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
- 2018 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
- 2017 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
- 2016 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Race Results
Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k Course Map
- See the race route map for the Hippity Hop Half Marathon course map here.
- See the race route map for the Hippity Hop 10K course map here.
- See the race route map for the Hippity Hop 5K course map here.
- See the race route map for the Hippity Hop Cottontail Dash course map here.
- The Half Marathon start time is 7:00 AM.
- The Cottontail Dash start time is 7:10 AM.
- The 10K start time is 8:00 AM.
- The 5K start time is 8:10 AM.
To reserve your spot in the 2024 Hippity Hop Half Marathon, 10k, & 5k, you can use the registration link here.
There is a $75.00 fee for the half marathon.