Saturday, December 16, 2023 • San Diego, CA
Embrace the holiday spirit and the thrill of the trails in a unique and exciting way. Join us for a festive adventure filled with holiday cheer, costumes, and a dash of poker strategy. This year’s holiday-themed run is designed to be extra special, combining your love for the trails with a poker element that can either boost your performance or add a delightful twist to your race.
As you embark on this memorable journey, you’ll have the chance to not only showcase your holiday-inspired costumes but also your poker skills. The course is set against a backdrop of scenic beauty, immersing you in a winter wonderland on the trails. Whether you choose the 10k, Half Marathon, or Marathon, you’re in for a unique and exhilarating experience.
Poker cards will be your companions on this run. The rules are simple: collect a hand of poker cards as you tackle your chosen distance. How you obtain these cards varies based on your race, adding an element of strategy to your run:
- 10k runners: You’ll receive 2 cards when you start, 1 each time you pass the Martha’s Grove aid station (2 total), and one card when you finish (5 total).
- Half Marathon runners: Your game begins with 0 cards, but you’ll collect 1 each time you pass the Martha’s Grove aid station (4 total) and one card when you finish (5 total).
- Marathon runners: Your cards are distributed each time you pass the main aid station, with the rest given to you at the finish.
Wearing a creative costume has its advantages. If you run in a holiday-themed getup, you’ll receive a bonus card at the end of the race, adding an exciting twist to your hand (6 total cards, of which you’ll use your best 5).
Once you’ve gathered your hand, it’s time to reveal your fate. Your poker hand will determine your bonus or penalty time, adding a layer of strategy and excitement to your race. The outcome depends on the strength of your hand, with various combinations carrying different modifiers to your finishing time. High cards might slightly increase your time, while stronger poker hands can significantly reduce your time. The possibility of a Royal Flush, with a 33% reduction in your finishing time, adds an extra layer of excitement and strategy to the run.
This holiday-themed trail run is a celebration of joy, strategy, and camaraderie. You’ll bond with fellow participants, revel in the beautiful trail scenery, and enjoy a creative twist that turns your run into a memorable poker-themed adventure. So, don your holiday costume, gather your poker cards, and join us for an unforgettable day of trail running with a touch of holiday magic.
Race Weather & Climate
Situated on the Pacific Coast, San Diego, California, is a lively city.
On December 16th in San Diego, CA, you can expect cool and crisp weather with average high temperatures of 60-65°F and average low temperatures of 50-55°F. This date falls in early winter, providing a comfortable atmosphere for the holiday season. Rainfall during this time is generally minimal, ensuring a pleasant and dry early winter ambiance in San Diego.
Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
- 2022 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
- 2021 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
- 2019 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
- 2018 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
- December 2017 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
- January 2017 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
- 2015 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Race Results
Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon Course Map
See the race route map for the Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon course map here.
The half marathon start time is 9:00 AM.
The cut-off time is 3:30 PM.
To reserve your spot in the 2023 Dirty December Poker Run Half Marathon, you can use the registration link here.
- There is a $90.00 fee for the half marathon.
- There is a $115.00 fee for the marathon.
- There is a $65.00 fee for the 10k.
- There is a $100.00 fee for the Hill Climb 6HR.