Lynch Canyon Trail Run Half Marathon, 10K & 5K

Saturday, June 1, 2019 • American Canyon, CA • Course Map

Runners get the chance to trek along the hills and take in the scenery at a place that’s been called one of the “seven hidden wonders” of the west at the Lynch Canyon Trail Run, a race whose course unfolds within sight of several of Northern California’s best-loved sights and attractions including Napa Valley, the San Francisco Bay, Mount Diablo and Mount Tamalpais.


Though past years’ races have sometimes brought unexpected wet days that left runners off to a leaping-over-water-puddles start, the weather in this part of California is generally dry. Rainfall is usually minimal, averaging about a third of an inch for the entire month of June. With any luck, runners in this year’s race will be able to experience ideal running temperatures paired with a sunny day.

This course, no matter if you run the half marathon, 10K, 5K, or the 2.5-mile community hike, takes participants on a journey worth remembering. A majority of the path, about 85%, is comprised of wide track while the other 15% is single track.

All surfaces are part of a 1,039-acre open space area, so be ready to run on grass, gravel, dirt, and everything in between. Runners will find themselves starting off on Lynch Road, which leads to paved paths, passing through plentiful hills with nothing but open space surrounding them.

After they make it onto the trails, runners will be able to look out onto beautiful views of Napa Valley. During this stretch of the run, much of the trail inside the Lynch Canyon Open Space has an untouched, unspoiled beauty.

In the distance, runners also get a chance to take in the view of nearby Diablo and Tamalpais, two mountains that can be seen from almost anywhere in the San Francisco Bay area. Mount Diablo, which reaches a height of 3,864 feet, is known as the “point of creation” in Miwok and Ohlone mythology, two Native American tribes once located in California.

Mount Tamalpais is also visible during the run, which is part of the Marin Hills. The mountain is known for its variable climate: in lower redwood speckled valleys facing the ocean on-lookers will notice fog and cool temperatures while the Manzanita slopes provide a hot and dry climate.

Race Weather & Climate

Located just northwest of downtown San Francisco, American Canyon typically sees June temperatures that average between 53°F and 81°F. Though some years bring storms with heavy rains, rainfall here is rare in June, averaging less than a quarter of an inch for the month.

On race day (June 1), the average low is 52°F and the average high is 67°F.

Past Results

Course Map

See the race route map for the Lynch Canyon Trail Run Half Marathon here.

Starting Time

8:00 AM

Fees

  • $50 – $95 for the half marathon
  • $40 – $75 for the 10K
  • $25 – $50 for the 5K

Registration

To reserve your spot in the 2019 running of America Canyon’s Lynch Canyon Trail Run, register online at Active.com here.

Official Race Website

www.lynchcanyontrailrun.org


Facebook Conversations

Ever run in the Lynch Canyon Trail Run and Hike? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.

See more races in: June, California

0 comments… add one

Leave a Comment

MENU