Sunday, November 14, 2021 • Paso Robles, CA • Course Map
Known for its rolling farmlands, its hot springs, and perhaps most famously for its wineries and vineyards, Paso Robles plays host each spring to the annual Wine Country Runs Half Marathon & 5K, an out-and-back loop race that takes runners on a hilly and occasionally challenging route through the wide-open fields and hills just north of town.
From the starting line at CaliPaso Winery on Buena Vista Road, runners follow what is roughly a counter-clockwise loop, turning right out of the springs area onto Buena Vista Drive, which they follow as the course winds onto smaller roads for the first couple of miles.
The course turns next onto Airport Road and heads north, and stays mostly on flat terrain for approximately the next three miles, as it turns onto Wellsona Road. As runners pass mile marker 6, they hit the first big downhill stretch of the race, and continue downhill until they turn onto River Road, which flattens out for a quick up-and-back stretch.
Runners continue along River Road for much of the race’s remainder, turning left onto River Oaks Drive briefly before returning to Buena Vista Drive and the finish line back at CaliPaso Winery.
Organizers note the half marathon is a “run/walk” race — which means it’s open to walkers as well as runners.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in central California, about 200 miles south of San Francisco and about 215 miles north of Los Angeles, the city of Paso Robles typically experiences mild (but sometimes cool, especially in the early morning) to moderately warm weather around the time of the race, with November temperatures that average between the low 40s and the high 60s.
- 2019 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results (November)
- 2019 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results (March)
- 2018 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Wine Country Runs Half Marathon Results
- $50 and up for the half marathon
- $25 and up for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2021 running of Paso Robles’s Wine Country Half Marathon or 5K race, register online at Active.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Wine Country Runs Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.