Sunday, October 29, 2023 • San Jose, CA • Course Map
One of the last events of the year in a series of some 30 races staged across the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California throughout the year by the Walnut Creek, Calif.-based Coastal Trail Runs, along a combination of mostly trail and some road races, the ZombieRunner Halloween Run makes its 11th annual running this year.
While in previous years, the race had been run from the Baylands Athletic Center on Geng Road, just off Embarcadero Road near Palo Alto, a couple of years ago, and then to nearby Campbell, where runners ran along Los Gatos Creek Trail, this year’s race starts and finishes at San Jose’s Hellyer County Park.
Once they leave the starting line in the park near the waterfront, runners will head out onto the trails and run south, along the Coyote Creek Trail to Metcalf Park and back.
The trails for the race are flat and fast for most of the race route, with the exception of some minor elevation changes, and made up mostly of asphalt surfaces, along with some crushed rock surfaces.
Race Weather & Climate
Located at the southern end of San Francisco Bay in Northern California, about 20 miles southeast of Palo Alto, Campbell typically sees cool to moderately warm weather in October, which has brought record temperatures here as low as 31°F (in 1971) and as high as 103°F (in 1980).
On race day (Oct. 29), the average low is 53ºF and the average high is 70ºF.
- 2022 Results
- 2020 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2019 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2018 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2017 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2016 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2015 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2014 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2013 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2012 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 2011 ZombieRunner Halloween Half Marathon Results
- 9:00 AM – marathon, half marathon
- 9:15 AM – 10K
- 9:25 AM – 5K
- $50 – $65 for the half marathon
- $60 – $75 for the full marathon
- $40 – $55 for the 10K
- $35 – $50 for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2023 running of San Jose’s ZombieRunner Halloween Marathon, Half Marathon or 5-Mile race, visit the event website here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the ZombieRunner Halloween Half? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.