Sunday, December 15, 2019 • Fremont, CA • Course Map
For those looking to begin trail racing, the ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon in Fremont, California is a great start. The course appeases both trail and run runners alike — roughly 64 percent of the race is held on crushed rock, while the remaining 36 percent is run on pavement.
The course does feature a number of loops and turns, but the elevation change is very minimal. Runners should expect a very fast trail race.
The race begins at the Quarry Lakes Regional Recreational area and runners will follow the Alameda Creek Trail up to the mouth of the Niles Canyon. Racers will begin along the perimeter of the lake and take the course heading west. Runners will pass Shinn Pond and travel along the Alameda Creek until reaching Old Canyon Road.
There is a u-turn along the course at Old Canyon Road. Runners will take the course back along Alameda Creek and return to the Quarry Lakes area. After passing the Quarry Lakes area, racers will travel along north side of the creek.
Upon reaching Alvarado Boulevard, runners will then cross onto the south side of the creek. They will take this section of the course all the way back to the Quarry Lakes area and the finish line.
The top male and female runners will receive awards along with the top 3 in each age category. All finishers will receive a medal upon crossing the finish line. Runners will have 3 hours and 35 minutes to complete the course.
Race Weather & Climate
Runners should expect very mild temperatures in late December in Fremont. An average of 2.83” of rain falls in December each year.
On race day (Dec. 15), the average low is 41ºF and the average high is 57ºF.
- 2018 ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon Results
- 2017 ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon Results
- 2016 ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon Results
- 2015 ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon Results
- 2014 ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon Results
- 2013 ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon Results
- 9:00 AM – half marathon, full marathon, 30K
- 9:10 AM – 5K
- 9:25 AM – 10K
- $50 – $70 for the half marathon
- $60 – $80 for the full marathon
- $55 – $75 for the 30K
- $40 – $60 for the 10K
- $35 – $55 for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2019 running of the ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon, visit the event website below.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the ZombieRunner Quarry Lakes Run Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.