Saturday, September 16, 2023 • Frisco, CO • Course Map
You’ll need to be acclimated to high-elevation running if you’re thinking of signing up for Colorado’s Run the Rockies Half Marathon or Road 10K, which certainly lives up to its name, as Frisco lies at an elevation above 9,000 feet high in the Rocky Mountains, just to the west of Denver.
The course for the weekend’s events — the race includes both a half-marathon and a 10K for runners and walkers — takes runners over both paved surfaces and dirt mountain bike trails, with breathtaking views of the peaks and valleys surrounding the town.
The race begins in Copper Mountain south of Frisco, and takes participants northward along Interstate 70 to Frisco. Fully 75 percent of the race is along downhill runs, which eases the challenge of running in the mountains.
Race Weather & Climate
Even though this event takes place just as summer is ending, weather conditions can still be quite cold here in September, as Frisco averages freezing temperatures (in the wee hours of the morning) on the day of the race. Rain is a possibility, with just under an inch of rain on average for the month, and while September snow is unlikely, it is not impossible.
On race day (Sep. 16), the average low is 39ºF and the average high is 59ºF.
- 2022 Results
- 2021 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2020 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Run the Rockies Half Marathon Results
see race website
- $65 and up for the half marathon
- $45 and up for the 10K
To reserve your spot in the 2023 running of Frisco’s Run the Rockies Half Marathon or 10K race, register online at the event website below.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Run the Rockies Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.