Thursday, April 27, 2024 • Arvada, CO
As the spring unfolds, you’ll likely be in search of your next half-marathon racing event. If so, the Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k event in Arvada, Colorado is for you!
In support of the impoverished community in Arvada, CO, this event features a community food drive and a fundraiser with the aim of providing tools to lift people out of poverty.
Trail Runners, Road Runners. Primarily concrete trail with a scattered dirt road through the streets of Arvada, this course has a total elevation of 436 feet of loss and gain, allowing runners to finish on a downgrade.
Starting and finishing in the southwest corner of the APEX Recreation Center Parking Lot on W 72nd Avenue, this course is an out-and-back course that sends runners along the Big Dry Creek Trail.
Traveling counterclockwise, runners will traverse Tucker Lake and then around Long Lake Regional Park where they’ll turn around. Once they reach Big Dry Creek Trail, it’s heading east toward the finish line.
Like most races, this event provides participants with a gender-specific race-themed shirt and finisher’s medal. Unlike most races, however, they also provide you with a finisher’s pint glass!
This course has a cut-off time of 3 hours 30 minutes. Once you cross the finish line and the event is over, it’s off to the Colorado Tap House for a celebratory after-party!
Race Weather & Climate
In north-central Colorado, Arvada is approximately 8 miles northwest of downtown Denver, offering easy access to the state’s largest city.
As spring unfolds, you can anticipate milder temperatures with daytime highs near 63°F and nighttime lows around 34°F. Rainfall increases to 1.5 inches.
On race day (April 27), the average low is 43ºF and the average high is 58ºF.
Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
- 2023 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
- 2022 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
- 2021 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
- 2020 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
- 2019 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
- 2018 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
- 2017 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Race Results
Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon Course Map
See the race route map for the Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon course map here.
- The half marathon start time is 8:00 AM.
- The 5K start time is 8:30 AM.
- The 10K start time is 8:30 AM.
- The kids dash start time is 7:45 AM.
To reserve your spot in the 2023 Spring Fling Prairie Dog Half Marathon 10K & 5K, you can use the registration link here.
- There is a $75.00 fee for the half marathon.
- There is a $35.00 fee for the 5K.
- There is a $45.00 fee for the 10K.
- There is no fee for the kids dash.