Runners follow a simple out-and-back course at Mableton’s Silver Comet Half Marathon, which starts near the Mable House Cultural Arts Center outdoor concert venue and finishes at the trailhead for the Silver Comet near Floyd Road. In between, runners file onto the paved former railroad trail — now a popular running, walking and biking trail — that stretches all the way to the Georgia-Alabama state line, running out about 5 miles and then back again to the finish line at the Bike Depot.
- Start at the Mable House Barnes Amphitheatre on Floyd Road
- North on Floyd Road
- Left at Silver Comet Trail entrance, just before Bates Road
- Stay on Silver Comet Trail for the next 5 1/2 miles
- Turn around at Dillard Street trail entrance
- Return back along Silver Comet Trail, in opposite direction
- Finish at Silver Comet Cycles, just before Floyd Road
Note: The course map above provides the approximate route for the race. Though every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, changes are sometimes made to race routes due to weather conditions, road closures or other circumstances that can require a course to be changed. If you see an error above, contact us here.