Saturday, November 6, 2021 • Boise, ID • Course Map
Run through the hilly country areas north of Boise, the Zeitgeist Half Marathon (named for the “spirit of the times,” race organizers say) offers participants a loop course with the start and finish lines at the Optimist Youth Sports Complex, and a course that includes gentle, rolling hills and a variety of different surfaces.
Sanctioned by the USATF (USA Track & Field), the course unfolds along both paved and crushed gravel roads along the foothills of northwestern Boise and nearby Ada county, rising 1,180 feet in elevation throughout the race.
This elevation change is spread over three gently rising hills, however, and runners are rewarded with sloping downhills in the second half of the race, as the course makes its way back to Optimist Park along Pierce Park Road toward the finish.
The race benefits the Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation and the Idaho Donor Network.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in the southwestern part of the state, just over 40 miles east of the Idaho-Oregon state line, Boise typically sees cool to often cold weather conditions in November, which can bring snow and has seen record temperatures here as low as -3deg;F and as high as 78°F (in 1999).
On race day (Nov. 6), the average low is 36ºF and the average high is 54ºF.
- 2019 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Zeitgeist Half Marathon Results
- $52 – $67 for the half marathon, if registered in advance
- $87 on race day, if not sold out
To reserve your spot in the fall 2021 running of Boise’s Zeitgeist Half Marathon race, register online at the event website here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Zeitgeist Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.