Saturday, April 13, 2024 • Bloomington, IN • Course Map
Early April is the prime of spring, and Bloomington lives up to its name, giving runners of the Hoosier Half Marathon a chance to see Bloomington at its finest. Formerly known as the Circle of Life IU Mini Marathon, the half marathon takes runners on a tour of the Indiana University campus and the surrounding Bloomington area.
Both the half marathon and 5K begin next to the IU Alumni Center before leading runners through downtown Bloomington and the famed courthouse square. Half marathoners and 5K runners continue together along Kirkwood Avenue until returning to the IU campus, where the two courses diverge.
Half marathoners then continue through the campus, passing the arboretum and IU Art Museum. before continuing onto Fee Lane and running through IU’s Greek Row.
The second half of the race leads runners toward residential neighborhoods south of the campus before returning to IU for the last mile and finish line, which is shared with the start line.
The half marathon course closes at 11:30 AM, so runners have 3.5 hours (16 minutes per mile) to complete the course.
Race Weather & Climate
Located 50 miles southwest of Indianapolis and just over 90 miles northwest of Louisville, KY, Bloomington continues to experience chilly mornings and overall cool to occasionally warm weather in early April.
- April 13 average low temp: 45ºF
- April 13 average high temp: 60ºF
- 2023 Results
- 2022 Results
- 2019 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2009 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- 2008 Hoosier Half Marathon Results
- $75 and up – half marathon
- $35 and up – 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2024 running of Bloomington’s Hoosier Half Marathon, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Hoosier Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.