Saturday, April 15, 2023 • Lexington, KY • Course Map
Get ready to run in the Horse Capital of the World at the 8th annual Horse Capital Marathon & Half Marathon. Known for its bluegrass beauty and horse events, Lexington plays host to this late April event founded in 2015.
Beginning at the Kentucky Horse Park Campground area, the half marathon course leads runners on an out-and-back course around rural Lexington. Much of the course consists of country farms and moderately hilly roads, typical for the area. You’re likely to see more than a few horses along the course since the course passes several horse farms, so take in the course and enjoy the run.
With a course time limit of 6 hours, 15 minutes, walkers are welcome and encouraged to complete the half marathon. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit Bluegrass Farm Charities.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in the Bluegrass region of central Kentucky, Lexington usually experiences cool to mild (and sometimes cold, especially in the morning) weather in April. Rain on race day is also a possibility, with just over 3.5 inches of rain for the month.
On race day (April 15), the average low is 46ºF and the average high is 67ºF.
- 2022 Horse Capital Half Marathon Results
- 2021 Horse Capital Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Horse Capital Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Horse Capital Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Horse Capital Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Horse Capital Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Horse Capital Half Marathon Results
- $49 – $95 for the half marathon
- $55 – $105 for the full marathon
- $65 and up for the virtual race
To reserve your spot in the 2023 running of Lexington’s Horse Capital Marathon & Half Marathon, register online at RunSignup.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Horse Capital Marathon & Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.