Sunday, July 28, 2019 • Boyds, MD • Course Map
Filled with rolling hills along the rural countryside of Maryland’s upper Montgomery County, just across the Potomac River from Virginia, the Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon takes runners on an out-and-back course that starts and finishes at the Riley’s South Germantown Recreation Park.
This popular warm-up event for the regional marathon events that take place later in the fall usually attracts 500 runners or more each year, so prospective entrants are encouraged to register well in advance of the race before it fills up.
From the starting line on Central Park Circle inside the park, runners follow a course that takes them northward and then westward all the way to the first turnaround point on Barnesville Road, and then back down White Ground Road to the intersection with Old Buckbridge Lane, where they turn and make their way up to the second turnaround point roughly a mile up the road.
From there, runners follow the course they’ve already run for the first half all the way back to the finish line at South Germantown Park.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in central Maryland, about 45 miles west of Baltimore and roughly 30 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., Boyds typically sees mild to warm and occasionally quite hot weather in August, which has brought record temperatures here as low as 47°F (in 1963) and as high as 101°F (in 1954).
On race day (Jul. 28), the average low is 65ºF and the average high is 86ºF.
- 2018 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon Results
- $30 for the half marathon
- $15 for the 8K
To reserve your spot in the 2019 running of Boyds’s Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon, register online at the event website.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Riley’s Rumble Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.
See these next:
- 10 Half Marathons That Cost $35 or Less
- 7 Keys to Successful Race Training
- Nighttime Races You'll Love