Sunday, February 23, 2020 • Hyannis, MA • Course Map
The beautiful waters of Cape Cod Bay and the Nantucket Sound form the backdrop for this marathon, half-marathon and 10K road race event in Hyannis, Mass., an exclusive Northeastern resort perhaps most famous as the home of the Kennedy family for the past several generations.
The race itself, which is paved throughout and mostly flat with just a few hills, takes runners on a tour of the town’s many beaches and historic sights, including the John F. Kennedy Memorial.
From the starting line downtown at the Hyannis Resort and Conference Center on Scudder Avenue, the race winds through city streets and past the waters of nearby Craigville and Kalus Beaches, as well as Hyannis Harbor and Lewis Bay.
In the second half of the half-marathon, the course continues past the JFK memorial, the Kennedy Family Compound and the villages of Hyannisport and Centerville, which look out onto the gorgeous Nantucket Sound.
Because of its lack of elevation changes, organizers say the course is considered ideal for those looking to set personal record times. And though it’s not closed to traffic during the race, the half marathon course usually sees “very light” traffic during the event, they add.
Runners also are encouraged to sign up early for the event, as the half marathon is limited to 2,500 entrants, while the full marathon is limited to 400 and the marathon team relay is limited to 75 teams of 2, 3 or 4 runners each.
Race Weather & Climate
Located along the southern shoreline of Cape Cod, just over 70 miles southeast of Boston, Hyannis typically sees February temperatures that average between 22°F and 38°F, while precipitation amounts average just under 3.3 inches for the month.
On the day of the race (Feb. 23), the average low is 23°F and the average high is 39°F.
- 2019 Hyannis Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Hyannis Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Hyannis Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Hyannis Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Hyannis Half Marathon Results Overall | Age Groups
- 2013 Hyannis Half Marathon Results Overall | Age Groups
- 2012 Hyannis Half Marathon Results Overall | Age Groups
- 2011 Hyannis Half Marathon Results Overall | Age Groups
- 2010 Hyannis Half Marathon Results Overall | Age Groups
- 9:30 AM – full marathon early start
- 10:00 AM – half marathon, full marathon, team relay
- $57 – $62 for the half marathon
- $65 – $70 for the marathon
- $50 – $55 for the 10K
To reserve your spot in the late winter 2020 running of the Hyannis Marathon, Half Marathon or Relay race, visit the event website below.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Hyannis Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments box below.