Sunday, February 21, 2021 • Portage, MI • Course Map
The half marathon starts at Loy Norrix High School at 8:00 AM. From there, the half marathon course takes runners through roads and paved bike courses throughout Portage, highlighting the Portage Trail Way System, before returning to the finish line at the high school. Half marathoners have 3 hours and 45 minutes to complete the course and be included in the half marathon results, a pace of 17 minutes per mile.
After braving the cold weather of the outdoor race, runners are treated to post-race entertainment, snacks, and massages inside the high school to celebrate their accomplishments.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in southwestern Michigan just outside of Kalamazoo, Portage usually sees cold winters, with record February temperatures as low as -12ºF (1951) and as high as 67ºF (1976).
On race day (Feb. 21), the average low is 23ºF and the average high is 41ºF.
- 2020 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Winter Blast Half Marathon Results
- 8:00 AM – half marathon
- 8:10 AM – 5K
- 8:20 AM – 10K
- $65 – $85 for the half marathon
- $15 – $25 for the 10K or 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2021 running of Portage’s Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10K or 5K, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10K & 5K? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.