Sunday, September 13, 2020 • Minneapolis, MN • Course Map
Whether your main goal is to run a half marathon or you have your eyes set on other events this fall, the City of Lakes Half Marathon makes a good choice for runners of all levels. Founded as a 25K race by race director Jeff Winter (1943-2012), the event’s main distance was changed from 25K to a half marathon in 2014 to better accommodate runners and the Minneapolis area’s events.
The half marathon begins at 8:00 AM sharp at Beard’s Plaisance in southwestern Minneapolis. From here, runners continue south along Lake Harriet, making almost a full loop around the lake before continuing north along William Berry Parkway toward Lake Calhoun.
Runners then make a lap around Lake Calhoun, passing through Lake Calhoun Park before heading south again and making a second loop around Lake Harriet and Lake Calhoun.
While there are many small hills throughout the course, the course elevation is almost always behind 850 and 890 feet. All finishers receive a medal and other goodies, such as a mug from the event.
Race Weather & Climate
Like its neighboring twin city just a few miles east, Minneapolis usually sees late summers with warm but not overly hot weather, and also moderately wet weather in September, with just under 2.7 inches of rain on average for the month.
On race day (Sep. 13), the average low is 53ºF and the average high is 73ºF.
- 2019 City of Lakes Half Marathon Men’s Results | Women’s Results
- 2018 City of Lakes Half Marathon Men’s Results | Women’s Results
- 2017 City of Lakes Half Marathon Results
- 2016 City of Lakes Half Marathon Men’s Results | Women’s Results | Team Results
- 2015 City of Lakes Half Marathon Men’s Results | Women’s Results | Team Results
- 2014 City of Lakes Half Marathon Men’s Results | Women’s Results | Team Results
- $50 – $65 for the half marathon
To reserve your spot in the 2020 running of the City of Lakes Half Marathon, visit the event website below.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the City of Lakes Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.