Saturday, May 18, 2024 • Whitefish, MT • Course Map
Timed to coincide with the blooming spring colors of the leaves and trees along the beautiful, majestic mountain peaks in northwestern Montana, the Whitefish Marathon & Half Marathon (known as the Two Bear Marathon & Half Marathon until 2018) offers a high-elevation course with ample views of beautiful Whitefish.
Both the half and full marathons start at Depot Park in downtown Whitefish. From there, the half marathon course makes a loop through the area southeast of downtown, leading runners down rural roads and mountain views. This course takes place entirely on the back roads of Whitefish, with a few gently rolling hills to keep things interesting.
The full and half marathons also feature a team challenge, where the best four members of a team are scored according to their age group placement. Don’t have enough racing acquaintances? No problem; there’s also an award for the largest team.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in Montana’s northwestern corner, just a short drive north from Kalispell and west from Glacier National Park, Whitefish typically experiences cool (and sometimes cold) to moderately warm weather conditions in the middle of springtime.
On race day (May 18), the average low is 37ºF and the average high is 65ºF.
- 2023 Results
- 2022 Whitefish Half Marathon Results
- 2021 Whitefish Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Whitefish Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Two Bear Half Marathon Results
8:00 AM – full marathon, half marathon, 5K
- $60 – $80 for the half marathon
- $70 – $90 for the full marathon
- $25 – $45 for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2024 running of the Whitefish Marathon & Half Marathon, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Whitefish Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.