Saturday, September 19, 2020 • North Conway, NH • Course Map
Sponsored by the White Mountain Milers, a nonprofit club devoted to promoting athleticism in the greater Mount Washington Valley of New Hampshire through running, walking and community service, the White Mountain Milers Half Marathon offers a fast and relatively flat course for the more than 400 runners and walkers who take part in the race every year.
Among the event’s highlights is the late-season fall foliage that forms the backdrop along this largely rural race route, which of course is reason enough to pay a visit. The race marks its 35th annual running in 2020, and proceeds from the race are donated to the Gretchen B. Hatch Memorial Scholarship Fund.
The starting and finish line for this out-and-back race is the Eastern Slope Inn in North Conway, located in the northeastern portion of the state, just over 5 miles from the Maine border. The course has only a few hills (and no big hills) and the race starts at 9:00 AM, and runners are encouraged to complete the race by 12:00 PM, as volunteers will begin removing water stations and other course support at this time.
For participants and/or spectators with children, there is also a White Mountain Milers Youth Dash, which is free for children up to age 12. Walkers are welcome in the half marathon, as long as they can keep a pace of 16 minutes per mile or better.
Race Weather & Climate
Nestled among the hills of eastern New Hampshire, about 100 miles north of Manchester and roughly 60 miles northwest of Portland, Maine, North Conway typically sees cool to mild weather in September, which has brought record temperatures here as low as 25°F (in 2000) and as high as 98°F (in 2002).
On race day (Sep. 19), the average low is 43ºF and the average high is 69ºF.
- 2019 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2018 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2017 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2016 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2015 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2014 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2013 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2012 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 2010 White Mountain Milers Half Marathon Results
- 8:50 AM – 5K
- 9:00 AM – half marathon, quarter marathon
- $65 – $75 for the half marathon
- $45 – $55 for the quarter marathon
- $25 – $30 for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2020 running of the White Mountain Milers Half Marathon & 5K, register online at Active.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the White Mountain Milers Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.