Sunday, September 8, 2024 • Paramus, NJ • Course Map
Explore New Jersey’s Bergen County and its Saddle River Parkway Trails during the Racefaster Half Marathon & 5K (known as the Run the Reservoir Half Marathon until 2017), which takes runners on a fast, flat course free of traffic along the Saddle River Parkway Trails.
The half marathon begins and finishes at Garden State Plaza in Paramus. From the start line, runners head west and then north on the Saddle River Parkway Trails. Runners stay on the SRP trails for much of the race, running along the Saddle River into Saddle River County Park.
Once runners reach the Glen Park Duck Pond, they turn around and head back the way they came, continuing to stay along the Saddle River and continuing south until reaching Railroad Avenue. There the course turns north once again, this time on the other side of the river, before crossing the finish line back at Garden State Plaza.
Race organizers note that the course will be closed to traffic for 3 hours, 15 minutes, and runners wishing to continue after that time do so at their own risk.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in northeastern New Jersey about 25 miles from Newark and New York City, Paramus experiences warm September weather with moderate precipitation all year long, with 4.23 inches of rain on average for September.
On race day (Sep. 8), the average low is 62ºF and the average high is 77ºF.
- 2023 Results
- 2022 Results
- 2021 Racefaster Half Marathon results
- 2018 Racefaster Half Marathon results
- 2017 Run the Reservoir Half Marathon results
- 2016 Run the Reservoir Half Marathon results
- 2015 Run the Reservoir Half Marathon results
- 2014 Run the Reservoir Half Marathon results
- 2013 Run the Reservoir Half Marathon results
- 2012 Run the Reservoir Half Marathon results
- $75 for the half marathon
- $30 for the 5K
- price subject to increase as race day approaches
To reserve your spot in the 2024 running of Paramus’s Racefaster Half Marathon, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Racefaster Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.