Saturday, March 2, 2024 • Charlotte, NC • Course Map
More than 3,000 runners and walkers come out to run and cross the finish line each year at the summer running of Charlotte’s Truist (formerly BB&T) Corporate Cup Half Marathon, Relay & 5K Run/Walk races, which usually sees from 700 to 800 finishers in the half marathon alone.
Designed both as a benefit for the YMCA of Greater Charlotte and to encourage members of the city’s business community in their fitness goals, the race takes runners on an out-and-back loop course through the streets of the “Queen City,” as Charlotte is nicknamed.
From the starting line on Tryon Street near the park known as The Green, runners follow a loop course that follows roughly a clockwise direction through the city, first running through downtown along Tryon Street, West Boulevard and Mint Street for about the first three miles.
The course next turns onto East 3rd Street and takes a downhill stretch, taking runners along 3rd Street and then Providence Road for the next two miles or so.
Runners stay on Providence Road, following it around the southernmost point the race as they make their way through mile markers 8 and 9, which take the field around the southern end of Myers Park Country Club. The course turns next onto Queens Road and begins the last three miles of the race, all the way back to the finish line downtown.
The course time limit is 3 hours for the half marathon and 1 hour for the 5K run/walk.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in central North Carolina, just north of the state’s border with South Carolina, Charlotte typically experiences March temperatures between 39°F and 63°F, while rainfall totals average just over 4 inches for the month, making March the city’s wettest month of the year.
On the day of the race (March 2), the average low is 36°F and the average high is 59°F.
- 2021 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2020 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 2009 Corporate Cup Half Marathon Results
- 7:40 AM – half marathon
- 8:15 AM – 5K
Course Time Limit
- $65 – $90 for the half marathon
- $25 – $50 for the 5K
- $25 – $30 for the virtual race
To reserve your spot in the 2024 running of Charlotte’s Corporate Cup Half Marathon or 5K, register online at RaceRoster.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Corporate Cup Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.