Sunday, August 9, 2020 • Morrow, OH • Course Map
Set for its 10th annual running along a former railroad that’s been converted into a 70-mile paved path for running, biking, horseback riding and cross-country skiing, the Little Miami Half Marathon offers a tranquil and scenic course that’s shaded by trees for much of the route, as it runs along the Little Miami River here in southwestern Ohio.
The race follows an out-and-back route that starts and finishes in the small village of Morrow, which is home to roughly 1,300 residents and to the state’s second-largest winery, Valley Vineyards.
From the starting line at the intersection of Morrow’s Main and Center Streets, runners follow the paved path west all the way along the winding river out to the half-way point of the race, near the village of Kings Mills.
After reaching the mid-way point turnaround, runners then head back along the route they’ve just run all the way back to the finish line back in Morrow. Thanks in large part to its location along the river, the race features very little change in elevation over the course of the race’s 13.1 miles, and paved surfaces throughout the race.
This stretch of the path is part of the Little Miami National Scenic Trail, which stretches all the way from the city of Springfield, which lies just to the northeast of Dayton, all the way south to the town of Milford, just north of Cincinnati.
Portions of the path also take runners through the Little Miami Scenic State Park, which stretches from Morrow west toward South Lebanon.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in the state’s southwestern corner, roughly 30 miles northwest of Cincinnati, Morrow typically experiences mild to moderately warm and occasionally hot weather conditions in the late summer season.
- August 9 average low temp: 63ºF
- August 9 average high temp: 88ºF
- 2019 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Little Miami Half Marathon Results
- 7:00 AM – half marathon
- 7:30 AM – 10K
- $50 – $70 for the half marathon
- $30 – $45 for the 10K
To reserve your spot in the 2020 running of Morrow’s Little Miami Half Marathon or 10K race, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Little Miami Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.
See these next:
- 10 Half Marathons That Cost $35 or Less
- 7 Keys to Successful Race Training
- Nighttime Races You'll Love