Sunday, September 12, 2021 • Berea, OH • Course Map
Several hundred runners come out each year to run this fast and largely gradual downhill half marathon that takes runners from the town of Berea along a course that skirts Ohio’s Rocky River all the way to the town that shares the same name.
The race is run on a combination of paved surfaces and improved trails along the river — which are used for biking, hiking, walking, running, skating and horseback riding, among other uses — and finishes on a paved surface near Memorial’s baseball fields.
A point-to-point race that is largely a long and very gradual descent from an elevation of about 774 feet above sea level at the start to about 604 feet above sea level at the finish, the race starts at Berea’s Wallace Lake.
From there, it begins the long and winding course along the river northward all the way to the finish at Memorial Fields in Rocky River’s stretch of the Cleveland Metroparks area.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in northeastern Ohio, about 15 miles southwest of Cleveland, Berea typically sees mild to moderately warm weather in September, which has brought record temperatures here as low as 32°F (in 1942) and as high as 101°F (in 1953).
On race day (Sept. 12), the average low is 56ºF and the average high is 74ºF.
- 2020 River Run Half Marathon Results (Virtual)
- 2019 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2018 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2017 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2016 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2015 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2014 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2013 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2012 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 2011 River Run Half Marathon Results
- 7:00 AM – walkers start
- 8:00 AM – runners start
- $60 – $85 for the half marathon
To reserve your spot in the 2021 running of Berea’s River Run Half Marathon, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the River Run Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.