Sunday, April 26, 2020 • Oklahoma City, OK • Course Map
Run as a tribute to those who lost their lives in the tragedy that occurred in the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995, the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay & 5K is run not just to remember the loss of that sad day but to memorialize the love, compassion and generosity of those whose memory lives on.
Throughout the course, 168 banners fly to commemorate each individual who gave their life that day, and to remind the runners, volunteers and spectators of life’s precious gifts — as well as the Oklahoma City National Memorial, where the race starts and finishes.
In past years, more than 10,000 runners, walkers and wheelchair competitors have crossed the finish line in all races combined, including just over 9,000 runners and walkers in the half marathon alone.
The course for the half-marathon is run entirely on paved surfaces through the streets of Oklahoma City, starting near the memorial and running in a generally counter-clockwise direction through the city.
Along the way, runners pass sights such as the University of Oklahoma campus, the State Capitol complex, Goodholm and Edgemere Parks, and Myriad Gardens.
Along the course, runners experience mostly gently rolling terrain with really no difficult hills to speak of — over the course of the race, there is a change in elevation of about 150 feet.
Half marathon participants start with the full marathon runners and follow the same course until reaching mile 9, when the half marathoners split off and turn left on Northwest 41st Street. The last four miles take them southward and eastward, past Perle Mesta Park toward the finish.
Race Weather & Climate
Located near the geographic center of the state, just over 200 miles north of Dallas, Texas, Oklahoma City typically sees cool to mild and occasionally warm weather in April, a month that has brought record temperatures here as low as 20 degrees (in 1957) and as high as 100 degrees (in 1972).
On race day (April 26), the average low is 53ºF and the average high is 75ºF.
- 2019 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Results
- 6:30 AM – half marathon, full marathon, relay
- 7:15 AM – 5K
- 8:15 AM – kids marathon
- $95 and up for the half marathon
- $105 and up for the full marathon
- $275 and up for the relay (per team)
- $55 and up for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2020 running of the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay or 5K race, register online at Chronotrack.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.