Sunday, August 4, 2024 • Cascade Locks, OR • Course Map
Mountain views, river views, a walker-friendly course — that’s what you get at the Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon, which marks its 10th annual run in August 2024.
Starting on the Washington side of the Columbia River, runners begin the race by crossing the Bridge of the Gods and entering Oregon, providing mountain views from the beginning.
After crossing the Bridge of the Gods, the remainder of the race takes place in Oregon along the Historic Columbia River Highway State Park Trail, leading runners west toward nearby Dodson. Even though August can get hot in Oregon, runners will be shaded by trees and old growth forest for the majority of the race.
After turning around a mile past Moffett Creek, runners retrace their steps toward the finish line while heading toward downtown Cascade Locks.
The last leg of the course involves running through Marine Park and across the bridge to the post-race party on Thunder Island, right in the middle of the Columbia River.
With a five-hour time limit for the course, both the half marathon and 10K are walker-friendly, and a post-race lunch is included with the entry fee.
Race Weather & Climate
Located on the Columbia River about 40 miles east of Portland, Cascade Locks experiences warm dry summers that characterize much of the Pacific Northwest.
On race day (Aug. 4), the average low is 56ºF and the average high is 80ºF.
- 2023 Half Marathon Results
- 2022 Half Marathon Results
- 2021 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results
- 2020 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results (Virtual)
- 2019 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon Results
- 8:00 AM – half marathon
- 8:30 AM – 10K, 5K
- $85 – $90 for the half marathon
- $65 – $70 for the 10K
- $60 – $70 for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2024 running of the Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon, 10K or 5K, register online at RunReg.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Bridge of the Gods Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.