Saturday, August 13, 2022 • Bend, OR • Course Map
Runners get the chance to trek across the mostly dirt single-track trails, jeep trails and forest service roads that wind through the hills and valleys of the Wanoga Sno Park near Bend at this annual late summer trail race, which has been called one of the nations’ top trail races by Trail Runner magazine.
Now set for its 18th annual running this year, the Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon starts with the full and “Half-As” courses at the parking lot of the Wanoga park, just off Cascade Lakes National Scenic Byway, between Bend and the Mount Bachelor Ski Resort area.
From there, runners head out on what is roughly a figure-8-shaped course, which will feature stunning views of the Cascade Range mountains in all directions. You’ll make your way along single-track trails for the first mile, and then head onto forest service roads, a pattern that will alternate throughout the race.
This high-elevation race begins at about 5,500 feet above sea level and features hills through most of the route. The steepest hill is actually a downhill stretch in the second half of the race, between miles 10 and 11 as runners are heading northeast along the Tiddlywinks Trail.
The trail is surrounded by ponderosa, aspen and pine trees for much of the race, which will finish back at the parking lot area for the Wanoga Sno-Park just off the highway.
Race Weath1r & Climate
Located along the eastern edge of the Cascade Mountains in central Oregon, just over 170 miles southeast of Portland and roughly 130 miles east of Eugene, Bend typically sees some of its warmest and driest weather of the year in August, which has brought record temperatures as low as 27°F (in 1965) and as high as 102°F (in 1972).
On race day (Aug. 13), the average low is 47ºF and the average high is 82ºF.
- 2020 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results (Virtual)
- 2020 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results (Live)
- 2019 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Haulin’ Aspen Half Marathon Results
- 7:00 AM – full marathon
- 8:00 AM – half marathon
- 9:00 AM – 6.5-mile
- $55 – $75 for the half marathon
- $70 – $90 for the full marathon
- $40 – $60 for the 6.5 mile run
- $38 for the virtual race
To reserve your spot in the 2022 live running of Bend’s Haulin’ Aspen Marathon, Half Marathon or 6.5-Mile Run, register online at Active.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Haulin’ Aspen trail races? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.