Saturday, March 28 & Sunday, March 29, 2020 • Lackawaxen, PA • Course Map
Near the confluence of the Delaware and Lackawaxen Rivers in northeastern Pennsylvania — the name Lackawaxen means “swift waters” — lies this small town of nearly 5,000 souls that plays host to the annual Two Rivers Marathon Race Festival, which runs as winter is giving way to spring each year in temperatures that could be as low as the 20s or as high as the 50s on race day.
Organized by the Pennsylvania-based Fast Finishes race management company, which also manages the annual Newburgh Winter Run Series in nearby Campbell Hall, N.Y., the race takes runners on a point-to-point route that starts at the Woodloch Pines Resort in nearby Hawley, Pa.
From there, it follows the Lackawaxen River for much of the race, all the way to the finish line in downtown Lackawaxen at Rosencrance Park, which also serves as the event check-in on the morning of the race.
From Woodloch Pines, runners head southeast along the river toward Lackawaxen Township, losing about 600 feet of elevation over both the full and the half marathon courses.
The starting line is the highest point of the race, organizers note, which makes for a mostly gentle, gradual downhill run by the time runners reach the finish line.
Runners may race on either Saturday or Sunday (or both), as all race distances will run on both days.
Race Weather & Climate
Nestled among the winding Delaware River in northeastern Pennsylvania, about 50 miles east of Scranton, Pa., and roughly 90 miles northwest of New York City, Lackawaxen typically sees March temperatures that average between 45°F and 23°F, while precipitation amounts average just over 3 inches for the month — with an average of nearly 9 inches of snow.
On the day of the race (March 28), the average low is 27°F and the average high is 49°F.
- 2019 Two Rivers Saturday Half Marathon Results | Sunday Results
- 2018 Two Rivers Saturday Half Marathon Results | Sunday Results
- 2017 Two Rivers Saturday Half Marathon Results | Sunday Results
- 2016 Two Rivers Saturday Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Two Rivers Saturday Half Marathon Results | Sunday Results
- 2014 Two Rivers Saturday Half Marathon Results | Sunday Results
- 2013 Two Rivers Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Two Rivers Half Marathon Results
- 9:00 AM – half marathon, full marathon
- 10:00 AM – 10K, 5K
- $60 – $100 for the half marathon or marathon (each day)
- $25 for the 10K 0r 5K (each day)
To reserve your spot in any of the race distances at the 2020 running of Lackawaxen’s Two Rivers Marathon, register online at RaceRoster.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Two Rivers Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.