Saturday, January 28, 2023 • Dallas, TX • Course Map
It might be too cold to hold on to something in Dallas outside in January, but it’s not too cold to run, an attitude embraced by the organizers of the Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon, 10K & 5K in Dallas, Texas.
The race starts and finishes in Norbuck Park in northeast Dallas. The 13.1 mile course takes runners along an out and back course, down the west side of White Bear Lake.
Runners will pass the Dallas Arboretum near the halfway point before turning around and retracing their steps back to the finish line.
The Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon also offers a virtual race option for runners who can’t make it to Dallas on race day, as well as a VIP registration option that provides a VIP area after the race, along with VIP parking and bathrooms and race insurance.
All participants receive a technical long-sleeved shirt and finisher medal, along with other running goodies and a post-race party.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in north central Texas, Dallas usually sees cool to mild winters with average January temperatures ranging between 40ºF and 66ºF. Dallas also typically experiences dry weather in the month of January, with average precipitation just above 2.5 inches for the month.
- Jan. 28 average low temp: 38ºF
- Jan. 28 average high temp: 58ºF
- 2022 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 2021 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 2020 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon Results
- 8:00 AM – half marathon, 10K
- 8:30 AM – 5K
Course Time Limit
4 hours — the course closes at 12:00 PM
- $70 – $110 for the half marathon
- $45 – $65 for the 10K
- $30 – $50 for the 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2023 running of Dallas’s Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon, register online at RaceRoster.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Too Cold to Hold Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.