Saturday, October 9, 2021 • Syracuse, UT • Course Map
Set for its 12th annual running in the early fall of 2021, the Antelope Island (formerly Layton before 2018) Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K races will take runners along a course that is run entirely on Antelope Island.
The course begins on the northern part of Antelope Island near White Rock Bay. Runners will then make their way in a clockwise direction around the eastern part of the island before reaching the turnaround point. Here they’ll retrace their steps (and the hills) before reaching the finish line. The race features views of the Great Salt Lake to the east and Antelope Island Mountain to the west.
The events start with the full marathon beginning at 7:00 AM, followed by the half marathon at 8:15 AM, 10K at 9:00 AM and the 5K at 9:15 AM. The 2016 running saw around 450 racers compete in the four race combined with around 175 racers in the half marathon alone.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in northern Utah overlooking the Great Salt Lake’s Farmington Bay, just over 20 miles north of Salt Lake City, the city of Syracuse typically experiences mild to cool and occasionally cold weather in the early fall season, with generally wetter weather in the fall than in the summer, when little rain usually falls.
On race day (Oct. 9), the average low is 39ºF and the average high is 67ºF.
- 2020 Antelope Island Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Antelope Island Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Antelope Island Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Antelope Island Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Layton Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Layton Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Layton Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Layton Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Layton Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Layton Half Marathon Results
- 7:00 AM – full marathon
- 8:15 AM – half marathon
- 9:00 AM – 10K
- 9:15 AM – 5K
- $65 – $80 for the half marathon
- $75 – $90 for the full marathon
- $35 – $45 for the 10K, 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2021 running of the Antelope Island Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K race, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Antelope Island Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.