Saturday, April 27, 2019 • Essex Center, VT • Course Map
Sponsored by the Green Mountain Athletic Association, a Vermont-based organization devoted to running enthusiasts of all ages and abilities, the Rollin Irish Half Marathon welcomes a few hundred runners for the race each spring, which usually follows a snowy winter season in this town set in the northwestern corner of the state, just a few miles east of Burlington.
The course for the half marathon is a slightly over-long 13.11 miles, and winds through scenic — and hilly — dirt roads along a mostly rural race route. Exactly 100 runners crossed the finish line in last year’s race.
The start and finish lines for the race are at the intersection of Chapin and Towers Roads, where the race begins at 9:00 AM. The elevation changes for the race range from the start & finish line at 485 feet, to a low of 290 feet around mile 5 and a high of 730 feet around mile 9.
Organizers say that runners should expect to keep a healthy pace, expecting to finish by 2 hours, 40 minutes. The race course closes at 11:40 AM.
Race Weather & Climate
Located just a few miles east of Burlington in the northwestern corner of Vermont, Essex Center typically sees cold to mild weather in April, a month that has brought record temperatures here as low as 2 degrees (in 1995) and as high as 91 degrees (in 2002).
On race day (April 27), the average low is 35ºF and the average high is 57ºF.
- 2018 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2017 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2016 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2015 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2014 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2013 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2012 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2011 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2010 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- 2009 GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon Results
- $20 if registered before the race day
- $25 on the day of the race
- GMAA members may subtract $5
To reserve your spot in the spring 2019 running of the Green Mountain Athletic Association Rollin Irish Half Marathon in Essex Center, register online at the event website here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.