Saturday, March 28, 2020 • Everson, WA • Course Map
A few hundred runners and walkers cross the finish line each spring at Everson’s annual Honeywagon Runs Half Marathon, 4-Mile Run/Walk and Half-Mile Kids Run, which unfolds along a mostly fast and flat course on paved country roads through this rural Washington town’s farmland areas, located just a few miles from the Canadian border.
From the starting line at Nooksack Valley Middle School just outside of downtown Everson, runners follow an out-and-back loop course that offers a few turns in the first couple of miles of the race, as runners weave their way north along the zig-zagged blocks before heading south onto Trapline Road. The turns continue as the course turns left onto Stickney Island Road, with an out-and-back stretch along Timon Road before turning left onto Trapline Road again.
This time runners stay on Trapline Road for less than a mile before turn right onto Hampton Road, and then right again to go south along Van Buren Road. This time runners are in the home stretch of the race, as they cruise toward downtown Everson, weaving their way behind local businesses before crossing the finish line back at the middle school.
Runners are advised that the aid stations along the course will start closing by 11:00 AM, so you’ll have between 2.5 – 3.5 hours to complete the race with full course support, depending on whether you’re running or walking the race.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in the northwestern corner of Washington state, just over 100 miles north of Seattle, Everson typically sees cool to mild weather in April, which has brought record temperatures here as low as 9 degrees (in 1955) and as high as 76 degrees (in 1994). With just over 4 inches of rain on average for the month, be prepared to run in some rain on race day.
On race day (March 28), the average low is 37°F and the average high is 55°F.
- 2019 Honeywagon Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Honeywagon Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Honeywagon Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Honeywagon Runs Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Run for the Honeywagon Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Run for the Honeywagon Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Run for the Honeywagon Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Run for the Honeywagon Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Run for the Honeywagon Half Marathon Results
- 8:00 AM – half marathon, walkers
- 9:00 AM – half marathon, runners
- 9:15 AM – kids fun run
- 10:00 AM – 4-mile
- $30 – $40 for the half marathon
- $25 – $35 for the 4-mile
- $5 – $10 for members of the Greater Bellingham Running Club
To reserve your spot in the 2020 running of Everson’s Honeywagon Runs Half Marathon or 4-mile run/walk, visit the event website below.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Honeywagon Runs Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.