Sunday, October 1, 2023 • Burlington, WA • Course Map
Nestled among the berry farms, tulip fields and waterfront communities of Washington State’s Skagit Valley, Burlington plays host each fall to the Skagit Flats Marathon & Half Marathon, a fast and flat race event that takes runners on an out-and-back course through beautiful rural countryside.
USATF-certified and a qualifying race for the Boston Marathon, the Skagit Flats races start and finish at Edison High School, and are run along rural roads through area farmland to the entrance of nearby Samish Island and back.
Out on the course, don’t be surprised if you spot birds of prey — the Skagit Valley is reputedly one of the state’s best viewing areas for the birds, from bald eagles to hawks to peregrine falcons, who migrate to the area each winter.
Participants (the event is open to both runners and walkers) will have six hours to complete either the full or the half marathon, and race organizers say those who have not finished by 2:00 PM will “be responsible for their own safety,” as roads along the race course will be re-opened after 2:00.
Race Weather & Climate
Nestled along the banks of the Samish River in northwest Washington state, about 65 miles north of Seattle, Burlington typically sees October temperatures that average between 48°F and 69°F, while rainfall totals average just over 1.7 inches for the month.
On race day (Oct. 1), the average low is 49°F and the average high is 71°F.
- 2022 Results
- 2021 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Skagit Flats Half Marathon Results
- $50 – $80 for the half marathon
- $75 – $120 for the full marathon
To register for the event, visit databarevents.com.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Skagit Flats Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments box below.