Sunday, June 4, 2023 • Casper, WY • Course Map
Billed by race organizers as a race with all the amenities of a larger race but without the crowds, the Casper Marathon, Half Marathon & Relay usually draws a few hundred runners each year for its three road race events, which take runners on a course along the banks of the North Platte River.
Run in what is normally some of the best weather of the year here in Wyoming’s second-largest city (Casper had a population of just over 55,000 in 2010), the race offers a hilly, scenic course and the chance to jump in the river and cool down at the finish line.
Along the half marathon course, which shares the same starting line as the full marathon (at the Casper Events Center), the terrain is a mixture of hills and flat stretches along an entirely paved course.
Runners from different parts of the country (and around the world) need to prepare to run a high-elevation race — the starting line elevation is 5,270 feet above sea level, while the finish line lies at about 5,100 feet.
From the starting line at the Events Center, where participants can warm up indoors, the race proceeds along city streets for the first 2 to 3 miles, before reaching the pedestrian bridge off Bryan Stock Trail, where the course enters the North Platte River Parkway.
The course proceeds along the parkway, and along the banks of the river, for the next several (mostly flat) miles.
The race takes a generally westward direction along the river and back into town, to the finish at the Crossroads Park, back across the river over the Interstate 25 bridge. The race is open also to wheelchair participants for the marathon and half marathon.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in eastern Wyoming, about 178 miles northwest of Cheyenne and roughly 280 miles northwest of Denver, Colo., Casper typically sees cool to moderately warm weather in June, a month that has brought record temperatures here as low as 28 degrees (in 1969) and as high as 102 degrees (in 1990).
- June 4 average low temp: 47ºF
- June 4 average high temp: 71ºF
- 2021 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2019 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Casper Half Marathon Results
- 6:00 AM – full marathon, marathon relay, half marathon
- 7:00 AM – 10K
- $75 and up – half marathon
- $85 and up – full marathon
- $25 (per person) for the marathon relay (per team of up to 5)
- $30 and up – 10K
To reserve your spot in any of the races at the 2023 running of Casper’s Wyoming Marathon Races, register online at ItsYourRace.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Casper Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.