Saturday, May 30, 2020 • Boise, ID • Course Map
More than 2,000 runners and walkers cross the finish line in all four races combined each year at the springtime running of Boise’s Famous Idaho Potato Marathon, which features a half marathon, 10K and 5K race in addition to the full marathon — including more than 1,000 finishers who complete the half marathon alone annually.
Organized by the Treasure Valley Family YMCA and sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission, the race features a 13.1-mile point-to-point course that takes runners along the parks and trails that run alongside the Boise River just north of town, crossing over bridges and featuring beautifully scenic views of the tree-lined trails along the water.
The half marathon race follows a course that begins in Discovery Park at Luck Peak Lake, which lies on the western edge of Boise’s Luck Peak Lake State Recreation Area just to the east of town.
From there, runners follow a mostly winding course along the river, heading northwest through southeast Boise as they pass through a number of smaller parks and greenspace areas.
Runners pass through Barber Park, Baggley Park and the Warm Springs Golf Course along the mostly flat terrain along the riverside, making their way up through Boise’s Julia Davis Park and into Albertson’s for the finish, where those running the full marathon also finish their race.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in the southwestern part of the state, just over 40 miles east of the Idaho-Oregon state line, Boise typically sees mild to moderately warm weather in May, a month that has brought record temperatures here as low as 22 degrees (in 1982) and as high as 99 degrees (in 2003).
On race day (May 30), the average low is 50ºF and the average high is 76ºF.
- 2019 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 2010 Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon Results
- 7:00 AM – half marathon, full marathon
- 10:00 AM – 10K, 5K
- $40 – $55 for the half marathon
- $60 – $80 for the full marathon
- $25 – $35 for the 10K or 5K
To reserve your spot in the 2020 running of Boise’s Famous Idaho Potato Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K or 5K race, register online at ChronoTrack.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.