Sunday, August 25, 2024 • Canton, OH • Course Map
Football fans, this is the race for you — the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio hosts its annual Marathon & Half Marathon this year, along a course that features mostly gently rolling hills and long stretches through the parks along the West Branch of the Nimishillen Creek, which cuts through the heart of the city.
Though the football hall of fame is probably Canton’s biggest claim to fame today, this city of just over 73,000 was also the adopted home of U.S. President William McKinley, who served from 1897 until an assassin’s bullet took his life in 1901.
While you’re in town, you can visit the McKinley National Memorial, which once had a 575-ft.-long, five-tiered reflecting pool called “The Long Water,” but which today has been replaced by stairs leading up to McKinley’s final resting place inside the mausoleum.
Start at the Stark Count Fairgrounds. As for the race, runners will start the race at the Stark County Fairgrounds just outside of downtown Canton and from there they’ll make a U-shaped loop through the city, running through Stadium Park along the west branch of Nimishillen Creek in the second half of the race.
Along this stretch, runners will also make their way toward Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium and the McKinley Presidential Library and Museum, which they’ll run all the way up to the front steps up and back.
All throughout the race, local bands will be playing music to cheer the runners on, and the Canton Bluecoats marching band will be playing at the finish line.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in northeastern Ohio, about 60 miles south of Cleveland and roughly 120 miles west of Pittsburgh, Pa., Canton typically sees August temperatures that average between 60°F and 80°F.
On the day of the race (Aug. 25), the average low is 63°F and the average high is 78°F.
- 2022 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
- 2021 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
- 2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results (Virtual)
- 2019 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
- 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon Results
Course Time Limit
4 hours — runners will need to keep a pace of 18 minutes, 19 seconds per mile or faster.
- $60 – $90 for the half marathon
- $70 – $100 for the full marathon
To reserve your spot in the 2024 running of Canton’s Hall of Fame Marathon or Half Marathon race, register online at RunSignUp.com here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Hall of Fame Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.