Saturday, August 10, 2019 • Chippewa Falls, WI • Course Map
Organized to coincide with this city’s annual late summer Pure Water Days Festival — which features arts and crafts, fireworks and a parade — the Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Races features a four-mile run, two-mile walk, one-mile run and a 200-meter dash in addition to the Bill Roegge Memorial Half Marathon, all of which take place on the Saturday of the festival.
All of the races, including the 13.1-mile half marathon, follow out-and-back routes that start and finish at the Chippewa Valley Family YMCA on Jefferson Avenue.
From there, those running in the half marathon follow a route that features plenty of long, flat stretches and really only one significant uphill stretch, which occurs between the 4th and 5th mile markers along 110th Street in the nearby town of Tilden.
You’ll also run through the tree-lined fairways of the Ojibwa Golf Club, named for the Native American tribe that first inhabited the area — as legend has it, the first settlers to the area named it after the Chippewa River, which they mispronounced from the name of the Ojibwa tribe.
After the stretch through the golf course, runners then turn left onto 85th Avenue and head west, turning next onto County Highway S to begin a long, looping stretch that takes them out of Chippewa Falls and into the town of Tilden, which lies just to the west of the city.
Runners make a long loop around Highway S, 110th Street and County Highway N before heading back into Chippewa Falls, where they run through residential areas and past a local school and then turn onto County Highway O for a two-mile stretch northward.
The race’s last couple of miles bring runners through the tree-covered roads along the western edge of Glen Lock Lake and around the edges of Irvine Park, along Bear Den Road, before heading back onto Jefferson Avenue for the race finish line back at the YMCA.
Race Weather & Climate
Located in the western part of the state, roughly 90 miles east of St. Paul, Minn., Chippewa Falls typically experiences mild to moderately warm and occasionally hot weather in the late summer, and its heaviest rainfall of the year during the month the race is held.
On race day (Aug. 10), the average low is 59ºF and the average high is 81ºF.
- 2018 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 2017 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 2016 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 2015 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 2014 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 2013 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 2012 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 2011 Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Half Marathon Results
- 7:30 AM – 1-mile fun run
- 8:00 AM – half marathon, 4-mile run, 2-mile fit walk
- 9:00 AM – 200-meter dash
- $45 – $50 for the half marathon
- $30 – $35 for the 4 mile walk
- $25 – $30 for the 1 miler
- $15 – $20 for the 2 miler
- $10 – $12 for the 200 meter dash
To reserve your spot in the 2019 running of Chippewa Falls’s Leinenkugel’s Pure Water Days Races Half Marathon, register online at the event website here.
Official Race Website
Ever run in the Pure Water Days Half Marathon? Share your impressions here, or post your review in the Comments below.
See these next:
- 10 Half Marathons That Cost $35 or Less
- 7 Keys to Successful Race Training
- Nighttime Races You'll Love