Running across the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most amazing experiences you can have as a runner, and I’ve been lucky enough to do it myself when I ran the San Francisco Half Marathon a few years back.
But you don’t have to wait just once a year for the chance — the City by the Bay hosts more than a dozen half marathons every year, from the Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon (which just wrapped up last weekend) to the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in October.
We put together a list of every half scheduled (so far) this year in San Francisco, to give runners in the Bay Area a heads-up. If there’s any we’ve missed, feel free to let us know by sending us an email or posting a comment below.
Here’s our list for 2015:
- Sunday, February 1: Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon & 5K
- Sunday, February 8: Golden Gate Trail Run Half Marathon
- Saturday, March 28: Golden Gate Headlands Marathon, Half Marathon & 6-Mile
- Sunday, March 29: Rock ‘n’ Roll San Francisco Half Marathon
- Saturday, April 25: Rodeo Beach Rumble Half Marathon, 30K, 50K & 8K
- Saturday, May 23: Zombie Runner San Francisco Half Marathon & 10K
- Sunday, May 31: Divas Half Marathon & 5K in San Francisco Bay
- Sunday, June 21: See Jane Run San Francisco Bay Half Marathon & 5K
- Saturday, July 11: Golden Gate Trail Marathon, Half Marathon, 30K, 50K & 5M
- Sunday, July 26: The San Francisco Marathon, Half Marathons, Ultramarathon & 5K
- Sunday, August 23: The Giant Race Half Marathon, 10K & 5K
- Sunday, October ??: Nike Women’s Half Marathon San Francisco
- Saturday, October 31: Stinson Beach Marathon, Half Marathon & 7-Mile
- Saturday, October 31: ZombieRunner Halloween Marathon, Half Marathon & 5-Mile
- Sunday, November 8: Golden Gate Half Marathon
- Sunday, December 6: The North Face Endurance Challenge San Francisco Half Marathon