Like San Francisco, New York City offers some of the nation’s biggest and most popular races you can run. A few years ago, I had the chance to run the New York City Half Marathon put on by the New York Road Runners, and it’s one of those races every runner should put on their bucket list.
But as you might expect, it’s tough to get in — especially today. Thankfully, there are plenty of half marathons staged in New York City every year, giving you the chance to run through all five boroughs.
Here’s a list of every half marathon scheduled (so far) for New York City — some in Manhattan, others in Queens, Brooklyn or the Bronx — this year:
- Saturday, Jan. 24: NYCRUNS Brrr-ooklyn Half Marathon (completed)
- Sunday, Jan. 25: Fred Lebow Manhattan Half Marathon (completed)
- Sunday, Feb. 22: NYCRUNS Central Park Marathon & Half Marathon
- Sunday, March 15: United Airlines New York City Half Marathon
- Saturday, March 21: New York 13.1 Marathon
- Saturday, March 28: NYCRUNS Ladies First Half Marathon
- Saturday, April 4: The Staten Island Half Marathon
- Saturday, April 18: Verrazano Festival of Races Half Marathon
- Sunday, April 19: More|Fitness Magazine Women’s Half Marathon
- Sunday, May 3: Riverdale Y Half Marathon, 10K & 5K
- Saturday, May 9: Mother’s Day Half Marathon
- Saturday, May 16: NYRR Brooklyn Half Marathon
- Saturday, Sept. 5: The Labor Day Half Marathon
- Saturday, Oct. 3: Bay Ridge Half Marathon
- Sunday, Oct. 11: NYRR Staten Island Half Marathon
- Sunday, Oct 18: Brooklyn Greenway Half Marathon & 5K
- Sunday, Dec. 13: NYCRUNS Frozen Bonsai Half Marathon
Know of any missing races that should be on this list? Email me or leave a comment below.
The NYC Runs Queens Half Marathon